Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 104

SNOW DAY!! I wavered back and forth between really not wanting a snow day until you're here to share it with us and being excited about having an extra day to a three day weekend. It was a fun, semi relaxing sort of day. I mean as relaxing as getting up at 7, sharing my workout with two preschoolers, one of whom was glued to my legs, feeding pancakes for breakfast, cleaning up the sticky mess left by aforementioned preschooler when he dashed his plate to the floor, attempting a shower while all three kids were running around our room, making a loaf of banana bread with all three kids helping, gathering snow clothes for all three kids, resizing Tristan's ridiculously short snow pants, making sure everyone went pee-pee before shoving them into their clothes, having Bennett fall unmittened into the snow within the first five minutes of being outside, crying, wanting to be held and NOT put down, Tristan freaking out 15 minutes into our playtime because he discovered he was starving, mopping up melted snow from the JUST mopped floor, telling Tristan "no, we're eating leftover pizza for lunch and I'm NOT making you a sandwich, skyping with my honey with all kinds of crazy going on around us, putting on a movie for "quiet time" while I rocked Bennett and finally taking a nap myself, being jolted awake from my nap after 15 minutes by the honking of a bike horn(WHAT were we thinking???), drifting back off to sleep and being awakened by blood curdling screams, racing downstairs to find that Tristan hit Maura, turning off movie, with tears ensuing of the part of both children, sending Maura to her room because she chose that time to mouth off, cuddling with Tristan and reading all our new library books, cuddling with Tristan, Maura while Bennett crawls all over me and attempting to continue to read, preparing three kids plates, cups and silverware, getting three sets of hands washed, cajoling Maura to at least TRY the lasagna, finally bribing with the promise of strawberry shortcake, cleaning up, playing a few rousing rounds of "Mr. Scary Monster" with all three kids, bathing a tub full of crazy, getting everyone into jammies, having a dance party, brushing three sets of teeth, putting on a movie for the big kids, reading tons of books to Bennett(he did all the signs in the signing book), putting Bennett to bed, hearing thumps from our bedroom that indicated that someone was coming through the ceiling, turning movie off to the tears of both, painting toenails, reading bedtime stories and FINALLY getting the kids into bed kind of day can be! :) Still wish you were here??
I knew that I needed to get a photo of Bennett early on in our snow adventure because I knew he wouldn't last long. After all, it was 19 degrees!! He was pretty excited, initially, about the snow.
He wouldn't keep his gloves on, though, and he didn't like touching the snow barehanded, so when he got to the bottom of this slide, landing with his hands in the snow, he was pretty much done for the day. I held him for the remainder of the very short time we were outside.
Tristan and Maura were both very excited about the snow. Tristan asked me to get him this shovel out of the sandbox. Silly me--I thought it was for him to shovel snow. It was--into people's faces. Stinker.
Little Angel making an angel.I love this hat, but it drove him nuts coming down over his eyes.Fun, fun times. Too bad we were only out for a grand total of 15 minutes! Oh well, better luck next time when you will most likely be with us!!!

1 comment: